(awkward and awesome)

(awkward and awesome)
First Wive's Club...one of Ma's favorites

Thursday, January 5, 2012

I Am Cotton Candy Awesome Sauce

So, I'm minding my own business when 2012 rolls around. The world is still here, so I think I should make a goal or two in the New Year. Tops on the list: write more, design more, work out more and help #2 with her reading more. All good things. Then, I saw the article below.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/01/magazine/tara-parker-pope-fat-trap.html?_r=1

Here's the cliff notes of the article: if you are fat NOW, you are more than likely going to be fat FOREVER. Nothing quite like discouragement with your coffee, is there? Sigh. A side note rabbit trail: This image was under "happy fat girl"...this chick has my dream body. She should kick her agent in the knee.

Yeah, here's the thing. I don't like people telling me I can't...I so feel my kids pain when I tell them "No." even when it is for their good. Don't tell me that just because I'm fat now that I will never be a healthy weight again. No! I refuse to let you[health expert whom I know not] tell me that all my efforts will be in vain! I want to be healthier for myself and my kids. I want to be able to run without feeling my bum shaking like a salt shaker. I want to look amazing in a slut-tastic outfit not like a funny card written for your amusement! Admittedly, I wouldn't wear the slut-tastic outfit in public or around my girls, but I still want to be able to wear it like a Trophy Wife in Vegas. I will not be told it's not possible! Tell me I destined for fatness. Butt munch doctor...I'm sure he's a wonderful person in real life--I'm just mad at him right now.

Anyway, I'm going to be starting Suck It Up Sat. Every Sat., I will put up a picture of me in the same non-slut-tastic outfit. This way, I am accountable to you and to myself. Plus, I will have visuals I can compare to see what is working and what is not. This should help. I'll also take any help-your-kid-read tips you can give me.

MEANWHILE, back at the rabbit trail: Dang it! Bear is right again! He says the quickest way to get me to do something is to tell me I can't or not to do it. I am onery... I just looked it up. Onery means bad-tempered, combative and stubborn. I needs prayer because I know that can be so true! Have mercy!

Until such time as I defluff, I shall remain happy with what am I now and take better care of what I have been given. I'm fluffy, but like cotton candy, I'm sweet, colorful and most people are happy to see me around. Haaa haaa haaaa! Man, I amuse me! Heeheeee heee!

2 comments:

  1. LOL... God I love this woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so beautiful And I only hope instead of slut-tastic you just stay fantastic! I could only hope for the beauty and confidence you convey to everyone around you. Mesmerized by you!

    ReplyDelete

You can tell me....