(awkward and awesome)

(awkward and awesome)
First Wive's Club...one of Ma's favorites

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Merry Christmas! 10 Things I Love About Christmas and 1 Little Known Fact about Jen



Little known fact: White baby Jesus doesn't make sense to me. He was born in the Middle East, not Europe. Just sayin'.

1)Colored Christmas lights that blink and twinkle! I know they used to make them. It it my mission to find them once more.

2) Since Florida is the Sunshine State, it's cold but not I-think-my-pancreas-froze cold. Nice.

3) People around here know how to cook, and Christmas is when they show off...oooooohhh yeah!

4) The kids bring home the cutest things made from hand and footprints. Ms. Banfell, Mrs. Gill and Ms. Hayen/Mrs. Stokes brings their A game.

5) The girls remember that Santa is watching...for at least 2 minutes. Then they beat each other up.

6) As a gift giver, I really do love being able to give rather than to receive. The joy of a gift well received is truly heart warming.

7) My family sends sick and twisted Christmas cards. I love my family.

8) The annual Christmas ornament exchange party...there are no words for that brand of awesome sauce. Inside joke alert: It's time to strut!

9)My Barbie ornaments! Wahoo! I'm a Barbie girl even though I'm not sure if I really believe Skipper and Kelly are her "sisters"...she and Ken have been together a long time...just sayin'.

10) This is when we sing my favorite of all worship songs: Christmas Carols. O Holy Night gets me every time. "Fall on your knees, oh hear the angels voices. Oh night divine! oh night when Christ was born." Chills baby.

May this next year of 2012 be the year and of thinking before we speak or act and shower each other with unabashed kindness and mercy.

Merry Christmas and a most joyous and blessed New Year to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can tell me....