(awkward and awesome)

(awkward and awesome)
First Wive's Club...one of Ma's favorites

Friday, January 20, 2012

I Can't Find My _________


Fill in the blank. For me, it's sanity, more time and the Vortex of Missing Socks. For my kids, it's anything they want right now that they can't find immediately. It's maddening. What are the things they ask for the most? The things for which they are responsible! It's as if saying, "Now this is your responsibility." really means, "Now this is your responsibility...unless you can't find it, and then, I will drop everything I need to do to find it for you." My word, it's like you say one thing, but all they hear is the opposite. My responsibility = you do it for me. That'd be a no.

It's like when you say, "Timmy says Mommy now!" when your friends come over, and Timmy just stares at you the entire visit with a look that clearly states "I'm no trained pony, Woman! Say Mommy yourself." And as soon as your friends leave, he smiles and says, "Mommy!" Or when your friend says, "Can you believe my son tried to make a bike ramp to jump his bike to the roof?!" And then you say, "Are you serious? Timmy has never tried anything like that." just in time for Timmy to go flying by the window out of the homemade cannon he just made out of household products and duct tape. Honestly! Why kids gotta make you a liar?

Back at the rabbit trail: If your kid really can make a cannon out of household items and duct tape, your kid is AWESOME! and my kids are so allowed to play with them.

As for the search of the missing _______, I don't have the patience because it ran off with my sanity. They lost it. They can find it. If they can't, oh well! I'm looking for my own stuff. Jen out! Peace! (Do people even say that for real anymore? I know I don't.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can tell me....