(awkward and awesome)

(awkward and awesome)
First Wive's Club...one of Ma's favorites

Monday, September 13, 2010

Who am I.....24601?


In Mystery Men, Mr. Furious is thrown into a tale spin when he can't come up with a fake persona for a girl he likes. She says, "Just be Roy."

"Who is Roy? Roy is who?" he ponders.

Don't we all?

Lately, I've been thinking about who is Jen? Jen is who? You see, with my youngest about to go off to school, I'm not going to be the same mom I used to be. If I'm not an all day mom, then who am I? I still will be an all day Mom just on call, not so much on duty. It's just got me thinking.....

On a Friday night, I went from being Eric's girlfriend to his fiancee`. On a Saturday afternoon, I went from being his fiancee` to being his wife. I had spent 22 years becoming Jennifer Anne Cochran. I wasn't sure how to be Jennifer Anne Easley. It all changed in a day. One day.

One Monday in 2002, I went from being a married woman to being a first time mother. Being partially responsible for a grown man was hard enough. Being completely responsible to make sure something lives, gets love and will one day stand before God as He asks what did I do with the gift He gave me was paralyzing. So paralyzing I did it 2 more times. Why not? Who was I then? People stopped calling me by my name. I was Eric's wife, Ella's mom, Cahira's mom or Lili's mom....not Jen. It's hard not having a name, and very easy to forget who you are. It's very easy to slip into the identity of just Mom or just Wife, but that's not life more abundantly.

One of my favorite plays is Les Miserables. I love the music and message. I saw it in London, and I cried the entire second act. Amazing. In Les Mis, Jean Val Jean was defined as a number...24601. He's a thief out on parole. No one would see him as anything but a number and a thief except one man. Jean Val Jean defied what everyone thought that because someone told him God thought he was better than that. He could have let his tragedy take over his life and be nothing but a thief, but God restores what the canker worm has stolen.

I am Eric's wife. I am mother to Ella, Cahira, and Annalina. I am twin sister of Shannon Michelle and daughter of Gene and Karen Cochran. I am a jeweler and leader for Premier Designs, Inc. I lived my childhood as an Army Brat. My best friends are Kalli, Lizz, Liz, Fawn and Vicky. I attend and serve at Harvest at the Rave in Pensacola, FL. I live in East Milton. I AM all those things, but no matter what happens who I REALLY am is Jen, daughter of the most High God, King of Kings. That makes me sister to Jesus and everyone who calls on His name. My family is huge and has no color or language barrier. He has given the commandment to save me, and He does as He says. My trust is in the Great I AM. He owns the cattle on a thousand hills and He provides for all my needs and the needs of my family. As His kid, I can go boldly before the throne and ask for any and all desires and knowing that answer will sometimes be "No." Still, I am heard. I am loved. I am redeemed. I am healed. I am made perfect in His love. Not one thing in Heaven and Earth can seperate me from the love of Jesus Christ. No weapon formed against me will stand.

Who am I?

I am Jen, Warrior Princess who has come to proclaim the Good news, to heal the broken hearted and to set the captives free. I am dressed for battle in the Armor of God, and I go with His blessing where He leads. I come in peace, but I am prepared to make war against the armies of darkness. I might be under the arm of a hot guy, dripping with little girls and fabulous jewelry, but always remember that I have not lost my muchness...and I do slay.

1 comment:

  1. succintly written by the fabulous & sassy Jen, dearest friend from college, who has always been to me, a warrior princess seeking to honor her heavenly Father.

    ReplyDelete

You can tell me....