(awkward and awesome)

(awkward and awesome)
First Wive's Club...one of Ma's favorites

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I love it! I love it! I love it!


I LOVES ME SOME JEWELRY!!!

I really, really do. Good thing I sell it! Starting up my 3rd year selling Premier Design jewelry has really been like a do over year. Things have been rough, but I really love my job. I really enjoy my business. I'm getting samples for my table, and I just want everything! As I was putting the order in all I could think about was how jewelry makes me feel. Not pretty. Not special. Not fabulous.

WORTHY.

Jewelry makes me feel worthy. I'm worthy of nice things. I'm worthy of taking good care of myself. I'm worthy to have nice, clean house with nice, clean kids inside. I'm worthy of having a smokin' hot husband which admittedly is a bonus for me. It's not just a pair of earrings or a necklace. It's a symbol that I'm worthy of adornment.

I want to help other women feel that way, so I sell it. I hope I'm selling more than bracelets though. My goal is for people to feel like there is at least one person on this planet who was happy to see them today, and that I was that person. I love when I see someone I don't know doing something really cool, so I can tell them how cool they just were. I love encouraging people, and I love telling little girls how pretty they are and that their heads are chock full of smart. I hope with every bit of bling people buy they feel that worthiness.

I know that might sound all wow-they-have-a-pill-for-that, but it's really the truth. I work for and with a stellar company that loves people and is out there trying to make the world a better place. Every piece of jewelry I sell helps get girl in Africa out of slavery, or helps a kid who's dad is on death row that they have more of a future than that, or preaches to the soccer superstars of South and Central America who thousands of kids want to be like.

Maybe it sounds crazy. Maybe it is crazy. Maybe I'm crazy. If so, I'm also worthy...and looking really, really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can tell me....