(awkward and awesome)

(awkward and awesome)
First Wive's Club...one of Ma's favorites

Sunday, November 27, 2011

I'm Sorry...What?

Look. I know that with things like Facebook and texting that whole talk to someone in person thing gets so 1980's, but there are some benefits to it. Things like voice inflection and tone are 93% of communication as well as facial indicators and body language. Actual words only count for 7%. Amazing. So is it any wonder that rumors spread faster then wildfire? Not really. Does it make it suck any less...not at all. It's especially numbing when you are left thinking if these people you've known as long as you can remember have even met you. Madness.

So as to dampen the spirit of slap before it arises, let me put to bed a few rumors that have started for reasons unknown.

1) I want a puppy, not a baby. Two very different things puppies and babies. True story.
2) I'm at my limit at three kids. I don't want anymore. I kinda feel like a jerk saying that, but it's true. I really don't want to have any more babies. I wouldn't mind adopting a potty trained child, and to avoid yet another rumor, we are not currently about to adopt any children. Just saying I wouldn't mind.
3) Bear is fine with three girls. He is not pushing me to have anymore children so that he can have another shot at a son. He is happy with what he has. Plus, after 12 years of marriage, he realizes that pushing me one way only results in me pushing back with the force of an enraged rhino. He's smart like that.
4) I am not nice. Just because I don't normally cause a scene or cut people for no reason doesn't mean I will not call you on your crap, tell you when you are full of it or to please shut up before I rip your lungs out of you nose and make you eat them for dinner. I will, but only if the situation calls for it. I'm adult like that.

I end with this. Do understand that I am not just typing this behind the mask of the blog. I would say this to your face if need be. If I did want another baby, what do you care? You don't pay my bills, and I ask you for nothing. We don't even qualify for WIC, so you don't even support me with taxes, sooooooo zip it Skippy. How big my family is concerns you not. As for Bear, if you think for one second that he is pushy or controlling, you don't know him. He is considerate and kind and HE is the nice one, not me. He did point out (it had merit too) that saying that we need to have a boy in the house implies that there is something wrong with just having girls. That's insulting. People pray for what we have, and we are thankful. Again, zip it. And if you haven't noticed, I'm done being civil. If you have a question or concern about me or my family, bring it to me. I'll help set you straight if needs be or possibly even confirm your worst fear. I'll be honest with you though, and then you can at least be spreading news and not rumors. Yeah! (See? You couldn't hear the sarcasm in that Yeah could you? No...rumor)


No comments:

Post a Comment

You can tell me....