(awkward and awesome)

(awkward and awesome)
First Wive's Club...one of Ma's favorites

Monday, November 7, 2011

Steam Punk is My Sub-Culture

I'm not gonna lie, the is my absolute favorite Disney Princess image because every single one of them look as if they will cut you; they don't need saving. Nothing wrong with Prince Charming, but I want my girls to believe that they can rescue themselves as long as they relay on the Almighty. (He's the original Prince Charming after all.)

Ever since watching the Wild Wild West tv show with my dad, I have loved steam punk. Of course, it wasn't steam punk then; it was just Western Science Fiction. I love what people are doing with it nowadays. I am so impressed with the creativity of it all. I like taking things and remaking them into something else. It's challenging, and if I'm really honest with myself, art I can actually achieve. It's rustic and vintage as well as modern and futuristic. It's oxy moronic. It's dramatic and kick butt. It's just plain cool. Plus, it does remind me of one of the many things my dad and I have in common. In this case, we like cool guns, cool gadgets and girls in cool outfits. I like the outfits and the boots. Dad probably likes the girls...ew. I think I just grossed me out. Why yes. Yes, I did.

It's not a look for Wal-Mart shopping, granted, but it is a lot of fun. What's even better, is Bear likes it too. I think we'll steam punk the Man Cave. It's gonna be awesome! I'll show the pics when we're done...well, as long as I can get Bear on board I will.

So Steam Punk is my sub-culture...what's yours?

1 comment:

  1. I totally don't understand why i was raised believing in prince charming...Whatever. I will not teach that to my kids! LOL
    Loving your blog and surely this post! Your kiddos are the cutest!
    XO

    ReplyDelete

You can tell me....