(awkward and awesome)

(awkward and awesome)
First Wive's Club...one of Ma's favorites

Monday, January 17, 2011

because there just isn't anything else...

Okay. I think I got it. I'm pretty sure that my sincere like of Korean TV shows is the fact that there is nothing else to watch on American TV. Okay, there are a few that I enjoy: Castle, Eureka, Psych, Bones and Warehouse 13. But even those sometimes are a bit on the TMI side. I really like the clever. It seems as though the US has substituted clever with the raunchy and bathroom humor-esque. The profanity is bad too. As a writer, I understand the use of profanity in certain situations really DOES add to the plot, character, etc., but when profanity is used instead of good dialog...it's just stupid. It makes me feel like the writers of the show think I'm too stupid to understand a more intelligent word, so they threw in f-bomb or an s-bomb to get the point across without too much brain strain on their part. I'm only watching the show to look at the hot guy anyway, right? At 34, I do have other things to do. If I want to see a hot chick, I can look in the mirror (oh yes I did), and since I have the good fortune to be married to a hottie, I don't need a TV for eye candy. With K-TV, since they are more conscience of not showing too much skin, we don't have practically rated R love scenes on 8 PM television. (Just for the record, I've never really been about PDA...I'm not really about watching it for fun.) So here it is: the writing is clever (not always, but if it's not clever it's funny), the love scenes are sweet not do-they-know-their-moms-can-see-that?, and yes the actors are good looking but man are they skinny. Must not like fried chicken in Korea..hmmmm. Pity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can tell me....