(awkward and awesome)

(awkward and awesome)
First Wive's Club...one of Ma's favorites

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Part Two of So I was Reading My Bible...

So the second thing that popped out at me while reading James 1:19-21 in the Message is the following:

"In simple humility, let our gardener, God, landscape you with the Word, making a salvation-garden with your life."

I don't know how much you like to garden, but I don't. I love a beautiful garden, but I so have no passion in seeing one come to fruition. It's hot, dirty, with bugs and spiders and whatnot. No thanks. That's why I like my sis to visit....she likes that stuff...bonus!

The awesome sauce here is God is the Gardener of our soul and will make us so beautiful that people will stop and stare. If we let Him, of course.

Like I said, gardening is dirty. There are weeds that need to be pulled, invasive vines that keep coming back. Thorns. Bugs. Spiders. Heat. Poison Ivy. All kinds of mess. We like to think we keep a nice yard of our soul, but the neighbors are talking. We suck at that kind of yard work. We lack the skill, the will and the power to make the kind of garden God wants to make of us.

By letting Him do all the dirty work, you will be surprised at the fruit you bear. Amazing and exotic flowers will bloom in your heart giving you the ability to make the lives of others more fragrant. Let Him pull those things out of you that are strangling your spirit and making you weak. It might be tough, but He's much tougher. It might hurt, but when you see the results, it will make it all so worth it.

He's willing to make your soul the envy of everyone...if you just let Him do the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can tell me....