(awkward and awesome)

(awkward and awesome)
First Wive's Club...one of Ma's favorites

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

All Things Being Equal...Life Ain't Fair

My dad used to always say, "Well Kid, life ain't fair. Kinda sucks, huh?"

Yup. It sure does.

In a perfect world everyone would have enough food and clothing and a place to sleep at night. Kids wouldn't be abused by or afraid of adults; they would be protected and cherished. Bad things would only happen to bad people and good things would only happen to good people. Everyone would have a fair shot. Spouses wouldn't cheat. Friends wouldn't betray. Parents wouldn't lose children and vice versa. Everything would stack up perfectly, and my dinners would never be so bad the dog won't eat it. (hush you!)

Life ain't fair though. Sucks. To be honest, life is treating me rather well right now, but my heart is heavy today for those who aren't so fortunate. I'm praying for you. I know God has got this. I'm here if you need me. Here's a bit of hope to hold onto for today:

"There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no testing that can ever touch me until, first of all it has gone past God and past Christ, right through me. If it has come that far, it has come with great purpose, which I may not understand at the moment. But as I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, not trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will cause me to fret-for I shall rest in the joy of the what my Lord is! That is the rest of victory!" Alan Redpath Victorious Christian Living

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can tell me....