(awkward and awesome)

(awkward and awesome)
First Wive's Club...one of Ma's favorites

Monday, July 23, 2012

What Did I Just Step In?

Soooooo...what did I just do?  Well, I got my ma and sister all excited about this Diva Marathon and now it is a family event.  Oh yeah.  No backing out now.  Not that I was planning on backing out, but now my house has to burn down before I can miss it.  I think that's a good thing though.    I'm looking forward to the training even.  I don't want to be where I am, so maybe this will be the key.  Trying something new is good for ya...right?

In other news, my baby is turning 5 tomorrow.  I'm not sure how I feel about that.  She's officially not a baby now.  I don't have a baby in the house.  I don't want a baby in the house; I like my big girls.  I think that's what it is:  I want right now to stay right now.  It can't, and that sucks.  It's the ending of this parenting chapter.  Sigh.  Children are meant to grow up, but man, it stings some days.  Today is stingy.  Tomorrow there will be cake.  So, hey I got that.  Cake. Sigh.  Cake is good.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the wonderful world of racing! It might seem a little scary at first, but once you get going, you might find you like it. I know I'm addicted! I wish I could be there with you next year, but since I will be getting my Diva on here on the West Coast,I'll be with you in spirit. After your triumphant finish, we'll make it a date for 2014!

    ReplyDelete

You can tell me....