(awkward and awesome)

(awkward and awesome)
First Wive's Club...one of Ma's favorites

Saturday, May 19, 2012

And The Drama, She Finds Me

Yep. Yep. Yep. Drama has filled my days. It began a week ago, when I couldn't find the CD of professional pictures we took of the girls. I was supposed get some printed out for Mother's Day. Didn't happen.

Back at the Rabbit Trail: the pics were originally taken as a Father's Day surprise for Bear. He, being not stupid, figured it out when upon returning from the photo shoot, the girls said. "Daddy! We did NOT just go get our picture taken. And we DIDN'T do it for Father's Day!" It was cryptic to be sure, but he figured it out.

Then, on our way to see the in-laws for Mother's Day, the brakes went out. Yeah, it's just like in the movies. "Holy Bleep! The brakes are out!" Except in real life, there are no stunt doubles and your kids are in the car. And you have a panic attack because you can't get the image of a rolled van and bloodied bodies out of your mind. Over-active imaginations suck.

Then when we take the van in, it's gonna cost $4,000 to repair. In the words of Wayne: "A sphincter says what?" So yeah, we have a new car. It's a used Taurus in great shape, and as an added bonus, because of bumper stickers, we are now New Orleans Saints fans. The things you discover about yourself when getting a new car. The stickers stay until we can get something just so I can find the car when at Wal-Mart.

#1 has a science project due

#2 has hidden bits of homework all over the house in odd little cubby hole. As I'm finding them she has at least 10 assignments due...what. the. farkle? I guess ESE kids get a little slack. Unless it's from me. No slack from Mom. Mom says you die Small One...you die because I love you and you need to do your homework!

#3 got sick and has been pitiful and ri-dic-u-lous. Seriously, she wanted me to carry her because her tongue hurt. What? No. Just. No.

The big man has been at work until all hours due to a new system launching and trying to get the car situation taken care of. Honestly, I'm done. I still have a day of errands ahead of me. One of them is applying for a week-end job at my favorite store, so wish me luck.

Bright sides of all the madness include: we didn't die in fireball on Hwy. 90; we have a newer car; my kids yet live; Bear is home while I leave to be ALONE.; also I have a Simple Said party at 2pm with Bama Mamma and I honestly cannot wait because she is so much fun. Check it out for yourself: www.simplysaiddesigns.com. So cool. If you want some of the coolness: Teresa Perkins is your girl.

As for losing weight, last week I gained 2 lbs. I went back to not eating breakfast, and I didn't eat as much fruit. This week I lost 4 lbs. I am 1 lb. away from my first goal weight in Weight Watcher. So eat breakfast and apples!

And now I bathe, put on a good bra and venture forth to Carpe the Mess Out of This Diem!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can tell me....