(awkward and awesome)

(awkward and awesome)
First Wive's Club...one of Ma's favorites

Thursday, May 26, 2011

look at it another way



I was having a little chat with mine husband this morning. I'm thinking it might encourage some of you too. What had happened was...

He was saying that he's not where he used to be spiritually speaking. My eyebrow shot up in confusion. You see, Bear and I see things differently...he speaks in binary code and I speak Gonzo the Great.

His side: Things are different in the different areas he's serving in. Not that they are bad; he approves of the changes/directions things are going in. But that's not the issue. It's more of the change-is-hard-and-I-don't- really-know-where-I-fit kind of thing. For really smart, tech-ish guys like Bear, this is hard place to be. You're looking at the data screen of your life and your spiritual bar used
to be up here, and now it's down here and what does this data show us. Oh no! My Jesus-ness is slipping! Emergency meeting! We must analyze the data and reconfigure our lives in a priority one setting. Commense analyzation process..... (an aside from the wife: this gets irritating because Bear has always kept Jesus at the forefront and doesn't see that sometimes. False data will screw up your Jesus chart in a jiffy, my friends)

My side: Wow. There's a pill for that.
Try to look at it another way. Things change because they do. Instead of looking up and down, flip the chart and look out. You're not in the same place you were because you're not the same person you were. You're still truckin' towards the Lord, just on a different path then you once traveled. A better path, might I add, because you've grown and paved the path a little for the people who are coming up behind you. Jesus-ness still intact...go and serve the Lord with confidence. The data on your graph is conflicted with false reports of the Devil. Abort the project and redefine you project goals.

I'm trilingual: I speak English, Gonzo and Geek. Groovy am I.

So be encouraged today if things aren't the way you think they should be in your relationship with Jesus. Just really check the data and the map to see where you really are. You might be surprised, hopefully, in a good way. If you jumped off the path, you might want to get back on before you picked off by wolves, bears or an angry mob disgruntled by the results of American Idol. It could happen.

Now, if you don't have a relationship with Jesus yet, it's never to late to pick up the map and start the journey for yourself. I can help you with that if you like. I am groovy after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can tell me....