(awkward and awesome)

(awkward and awesome)
First Wive's Club...one of Ma's favorites

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

grrrr...grrrr


I'm just a person. (taking deep breathes) I know that accidents happen. I know that they are more common with small children. I also know that likely hood of an accident happening is greater when said small child doesn't think to pay attention. I also know that I've lost my grace for such things. It's as if there is nothing else in existence sometimes. She just meanders with eyes wide open without focusing on a thing. It's maddening. Today she finally did it. She broke something that has been an ongoing project because she just wasn't paying attention and so flung her woobie around her head. Did I mention it's the second time she's broke said object not paying attention? Yeah. Mom's pissed. Add in tears of remorse and self condemnation here. Look. Mom's getter more pissed. I don't know if she's trying to make me pity her or if she's just voicing her feelings at the moment, and guess what? I don't care. I cannot stand people calling themselves names it's one of the top 5 in the pet peeve department. Then, I lower the boom: she's paying for it. What's that? No money? You get to work it off then. Life Lessons 108 is still in session. You break it, you buy it. I just want to have a few nice things...not a ton. But a few would be great. So yes I yelled. No, I'm not sorry I did. I did tell the child she is forgiven but the consequence stands.

Just pay attention! Use your optical nerves given you by God! Where the farkle is that squirrel so I can kick it?!

It's moments like these where I can see the benefit of having an undead monkey to shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can tell me....