(awkward and awesome)

(awkward and awesome)
First Wive's Club...one of Ma's favorites

Monday, May 23, 2011

the catch phrase i can do without...

"It's all my fault!" is the new catch phrase of my middle child. It's how she expresses all her negative emotions. I have to pull out of her what is actually wrong...it makes me crazy. Just say what you want to say...i know you can because you DID before you picked up this catch phrase.

Then I watched an episode of Clean House.

Now, I know I am not the best house keeper in the world, but I own that. These homes looked like bombs went off, but NO ONE was taking the credit for these glorious eruptions. They were passing the buck and getting mad at the hostess for saying this is no way to live. I mean, when your children are worried about your well-being, something needs to be done. Still, no one said it's my fault. They refused to get out of their own way.

Then I started thinking. (a dangerous past time...I know)

Am I limiting myself on the goals I have because I'm refusing to get out of my own way? I don't know yet, but I'm willing to take stock and find out because there are things I still wish to attempt in my life. I'm not out of this race yet, but do I keep falling because I refuse to tie my own laces? More thinking required on my part....

Think about it yourself...is it all your fault? Own it if is. Make the changes you need to make to be the you and come into the destiny God has for you. Don't eat fast food if you want to lose weight. Don't watch TV if you don't want to waste time. Don't watch TV if you want to spend more time with your kids. Don't spend your money if you want to save it. Don't be disrespectful if you want to be respected. Don't be a slacker if you want to be promoted. I'm so talking to myself more than I am to anyone else. Again, something to think about....

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can tell me....