(awkward and awesome)

(awkward and awesome)
First Wive's Club...one of Ma's favorites

Friday, February 11, 2011

Every girl from the South Needs to Know How to Pitch a Fit

I am now 34 years old. I know that I am a grown person. Today, my inner 4 year old is having a major meltdown because I can't get my nails done.

(did she just say she's lost dimitty dang because she can't get her nails done?)

Yes. Yes I did.

You see, I've had to give up a lot of fun stuff over the years because I'm the grown up. Kids need come before my wants, and that is the way it should be because I don't need a red button down shirt as much as my kid needs new shoes because once again she grew an inch over night (without permission. let me just add that.) Eric gets new clothes before I do because he has an office to go to. I get it. I have what I need. And I am thankful. I actually am.

But I really wanted to get my nails done. I really wanted to do something girly and frivilous just for me. Yes, we are finally completely out of the debt we've been in. Yes, we can now start saving and making good choices. Yes, we are in the black, and will stay that way. Yes, I will be able to get my nails done eventually. Yes, I should be over the freakin' moon.

BUT I WANT TO GET MY NAILS DONE NOW _______________! (feel free to add your curse word of choice in the blank space provided) RIGHT NOW! THIS WEEK! I've been grown up about every blessed thing I've had to say no to over the years. I've had to say no playdates and nights out with girls to save on gas. I've had to say no the perfect pair of boots that were on sale because it just wasn't in the budget that week. I've had to order the cheapest thing on every menu. I've had to say no to myself over and over and over and over and over. So help me...today...it was just one no too many.

I wanted to scream, go boneless as I threw myself to the ground and yelled to everyone passing by on the street that they were NOT invited to my birthday party because I didn't like them and they were BooBoo Heads. This is not a dramatization. I actually wanted to do this. I didn't on the outside, but I sure as bleep have been doing it on the inside all day long. I want to cry every time I think about it, and I want to tell the girls they can make their own damn dinner tonight. I don't care.

I also know that I will make dinner. And tomorrow I will be very much ashamed of how I feel today. I will tell myself to put on my big girl panties and deal with it. God has given us so much to be thankful for, and I'm being Veronica Salt instead of Charlie Bucket.

But today...you are all BooBoo heads...I want to get my nails done....and no matter how I try I can't spell frivilous....this sucks...

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can tell me....