(awkward and awesome)

(awkward and awesome)
First Wive's Club...one of Ma's favorites

Monday, June 14, 2010

Jeff Corwin Needs to Come Over for Dinner

"Is that what I think it is?" says my husband with really big eyes.

Half way across the road is a snake. We stop the car. It's beautiful, about 3 feet long, and suddenly I'm thinking of shoes. I'm thinking, what's the big deal? It's a Corn snake. They eat mice. Moving on. The snake stops, and starts to slither backwards. It was saying, "Oh, my bad. Y'all keep driving. I'm just gonna not get run over and go back this way."

"Jen, that was a rattle snake."
"It was not."
"It was too."

Oh. Now it's on. The Goggle is fired up, and the video evidence found proves the person who was right is: Eric. Oh yeah, not a mile from the house lives a Western Diamondback Rattle Snake. Not only are they highly venomous, but they are also endangered. Bonus! Something that can kill me and my kids that I can't legally kill! Plus, Eric was right, and I was wrong...double dang it!

I had to give it over to God because I lay awake most of the night fretting about that snake and all the various Armageddon style movie plot ways the snake could attack my family. It went in the opposite direction of my house, but it's out there.

So, Jeff, when you have a little time off, bring the family down. We'll grill, have some laughs, and you can bag that snake.

2 comments:

You can tell me....