(awkward and awesome)

(awkward and awesome)
First Wive's Club...one of Ma's favorites

Sunday, June 27, 2010

It's not me, It's you

Have you ever realized that someone is not going to be your friend? Have you ever just looked at the situation, and realized that, even though you've reached out to someone, they aren't reaching back? It's not that you had a falling out, or even that you never got along. You get along with this person. They are great people. They just don't seem to want to build a friendship with you. Maybe it's because they don't have any more time or room in their lives for more friends. Maybe they don't think as much of you as you think of them. I don't know. I do know that when you make this realization, it stings. Not a lot if you don't have too many rejection issues, but just enough to make you evaluate who you're investing in. I was spinning my wheels trying get this friendship going that isn't going anywhere. Relationships really ARE a two way street. I still plan on being friendly to this person because I really do like them. They just don't seem to find me worth their time. Sometimes the truth hurts. Sometimes it stings. Sometimes we just have to build where we see progress and someone else with a hammer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can tell me....