(awkward and awesome)

(awkward and awesome)
First Wive's Club...one of Ma's favorites

Monday, October 18, 2010

The Back Breaking Straw...

What is it? When is it? Just what does that straw look like? What makes someone say, "Forget it! I'm just done." It's something I've been thinking a lot about lately. Just what makes someone give up. And why do people sometimes cling to these little things that seem so insignificant, thus making it impossible for them to quit? I have been asking of God. I just needed something to cling to this Saturday. He answered, and just like Himself, not in the way I was looking for answers. Eric found a cross made out of craft sticks in front of our mail box. On it is written Mile #9,777. Attached to it is a the story of Carol Cruise (check it out www.faithwalk.net) who is a right leg amputee. She is almost done walking the perimeter of the US, literally around the US, praying for our country, and speaking to differently-abled to encourage them to focus on their God given abilities. I'm supposed to pass the cross on and tell people that God loves them. I'm doing that electronically because I need to hold on to that cross right now. It might seem like happen-stance that Eric found this cross, but I think not. Breaking it down: Eric found a cross that was just happened to be placed in front of our mailbox by a woman who believes in the power of prayer so she is walking around the US on one leg and tell people that God loves them. She started in Miami, so my house, when walking the perimeter of the US in 9,777 miles away on Bliss Way. Maybe it's that crazy small thing that I'm clinging to, but it's also a promise from my Heavenly Father: If I do my best with what I'm given, sharing the hope and love of Jesus as I go, He will bless my steps no matter how they may falter. There might be a lot of straw on this camel, but my back isn't broke yet...I will carry on. Oh, and by the way: God really, really loves you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can tell me....